French became a part of Alia’s curriculum after a concerted push from enough students. Maybe it was due to some of the reasons listed below?
1. French is spoken by about 75 million people worldwide.
2. French is an official language of 29 countries and is spoken in France, Middle Europe, the Caribbean, parts of Canada and the USA, Africa, South-East Asia and the Pacific.
3. French is one of the three ‘working languages’ of the European Union.
4. French is well-known for its advancement of Art, Literature, Philosophy, Fashion, Film, Cuisine and Music.
5. Some estimates put the number of French words in the English language at 15,000.
After being a part of our curriculum for several years now, French is widely elected by students and is offered at a VCE level.